Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hell hath no fury

Apparently, my mum's pissed that I spend so much time trying to culturally enrich my niece Kimberlyn. She feels I'm not giving her enough attention, since I'm hardly home for dinner. I pointed out that I tried to ask her out to watch "Nunsense" with us, and she said no. She said she's jealous. Yes, she confirmed. She's jealous of a 9 year-old girl.

Sigh. It's hard to ask my Mum out for cultural events because she's 1) always flying off elsewhere or busy with work and 2) she doesn't go for the "funny-funny" stuff, which is basically anything conceptual and/or gay.

Which means that I'm left asking her out to wholesome musicals about dancing nuns (actually, "Nunsense" turned out to be a bit more risque than that).

Sigh. I suppose I could take my mum to Chinese plays. Like "Tian Leng Jiu Hui Lai". But dammit, there's a gay character in there too.

No comments: