Monday, November 12, 2007

¿Y sí olvidaras suicidarte a mitad de la historia?

¡Caramba! ¡I’ve been translated into Spanish!

My poem "Ne Zha", to be precise, by the Mexican undergrad blogger/Oriental scholar Feliciano Omar, who seems to dig Asian culture in general. I wrote to him and he was suitably impressed that I speak Spanish (he can translate written Chinese and Japanese, but can't speak it too fluently, he says, which is understandable). He's the young Latino guy being sandwiched by the gringos and japonesas here:


And he wants to embark on monumental translations of texts in classical Chinese, such as the palindromic 回文 and the labyrinthine 璇璣圖 as reproduced here:


If it weren't for the photo, I'd think he was a character from a Borges story.

(Incidentally, my publisher Enoch says he's translated me into Chinese too, but he never gets round to uploading those pieces. Puta de madre.)

2 comments:

Readymade said...

Cool image. Looks right out of Bibliodyssey :)

Hey, ya back yet?

Ng Yi-Sheng said...

Yeah, I'm back!