Tuesday, October 30, 2007

We Don't Need No Education

Zian Ismail asked me to be part of this exhibition a while back - I was swamped and broke then, so I said no (participants had to shell out some dough for the use of the space), but I promised I'd go for the opening at La Libreria. So I popped over last Saturday, and danged if I haven't fallen in love with the pop surrealism of young Filipino artist Maica "Reckless" Delfino:




See what I mean? Her stuff goes for $1,000+, but I'm sorely tempted to try buying something. Another pretty cool guy is Singaporean Farhan "Azrafael" Razak, with his angry conceptual photography.



Also featured are Jason Lee, Sha Najak and Mohammed Faizal.

We Don't Need No Education
27th Oct to 4th Nov
La Libreria Gallery

Cute young Chinese performance artist Cheng Guang Feng also has a nice shebang up at the Substation Gallery - it's called "The Traveller", but it's going off tomorrow on the 31st. :(

No comments: