Friday, March 07, 2008

Sixth day in Hong Kong

..been having Internet trouble. Day after I landed my tush in the house of my hosts, their connection went kaput, kablooey, kattam-shud.

I obviously have far too much to tell, but for the moment I'll reveal that I'm in this spanking new mall that's sprung up where I used to live in HK from 1986 to 1988. I tried to track back the footsteps of old to little avail (my father gave very unhelpful advice for finding the place), so I ducked into the Pacfifc Coffee Club and googled the name of my condo.

And get this: Willow Mansion, Taikoo Shing is not only mentioned in Wikipedia. The area has entries in English, Mandarin, Cantonese and Wenyuanwen.

Will log off presently and try to find the condo in meatspace. In other news, last night's reading at Joyce Is Not Here went rather well, except for the fact that I hadn't realised we had to bring our own books to sell (I'd already turned over all of mine to the Festival), and due to miscalculations I sold my only reading copy to someone at less than cost price.

Tonight should go more smoothly. Also, I'm spendin' two nights at the Excelsior. Viva el bling!!!

No comments: