Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ich bin ein Media Hur

I'm in the papers again. Tuesday August 14, "Fluid body: envelope stuffing and nude dancing get message across", Life! p10 - June Cheong's dance review of Jochen Roller's "Perform Performing".

Honestly, I didn't volunteer immediately. I looked around, saw that no-one else had the courage to be an entertainer, and then plunged in (despite having very sore muscles). $10 for 3 min of boogie - wouldn't you do it? Why derive a moral about the incestuousness of the arts community because I'm naturally hyperactive? Grump grump grump.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I read your review online? I am not in Singapore so I don't have the paper.

Ng Yi-Sheng said...

I didn't review this show, I'm afraid. I paid for my own ticket!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I'm much confused now.

Who wrote the article you mentioned, the one titled: "Fluid body: envelope stuffing and nude dancing get message across", Life! p10 - June Cheong's dance review of Jochen Roller's "Perform Performing".

Or is this an article that someone else wrote about the show, wherein they mentioned you picking up the the 10 bucks and dancing onstage while Roller stuffed envelopes in the back?

Is that it?
Am I catching your drift now?

BTW, did you like the song you were dancing to? If I'm not mistaken, it's "Work To Do", by The Isley Brothers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ipQl-KO_Lk

Ng Yi-Sheng said...

The review was written by June Cheong. She's a reporter with the Straits Times, and yes, she mentioned me picking up the $10.

Are you Jochen?

Anonymous said...

Nope, i am not him. Sorry if I left you with that impression! Just another member of the audience. I just asked you if you liked the song cos i would have danced myself, but was too scared to!