Friday, June 22, 2007

Job week

Jabir and I had lunch at Holland Vee today. And while we were walking to Buona Vista MRT, we came across two ladies trying to retrieve berries from a tree with a stick:

A fat Caucasian lady exhorted us two young lads to help the aunties. (She said she'd do it herself, but she was in a dress). Being so compelled, we ended up scouring the longkang for fallen bits of...

...I think the aunties said it was called kam yong. Good for watery eyes. Drink two decoctions, no need to see doctor.


They gave us $2 each for our trouble. I joked to Jabir that we had joined the City Harvest. (Or has the whole of Singapore turned into Orchard?)

P.S. These photos are all taken with my Macbook PhotoBooth programme! (Seriously, it's the most reliable digital camera I've got right now. Just tough to hold my laptop right for location shoots).

No comments: