Saturday, June 30, 2007

Coded Language - DJ Krust feat Saul Williams



Like I was saying, Singapore needs poetry like this.

Incidentally, most music video directors will film a star lip-syncing lyrics at double-speed and then slow down the tape to create an ethereally beautiful figure moves with subtle slowness and grace, like a spacewalker, his/her charisma evading gravity itself.

Saul has been filmed at half-speed then quickened up in post-production: his body jerks and twitches preternaturally while delivering his song. I feel like that ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I dunno, Saul Williams is a good slam poet and I spent some time trying to enjoy him about 7 years ago, but I still generally find good hip-hop MCing much more compelling. Having said that, Twice The First Time is pretty much a permanent fixture in my head and I doubt it'll ever really leave.