Friday, May 18, 2007

last boy @ the Singapore Book Club

I'm being presented at the Singapore Book Club soon! Kristina Tom is speaking and Robert Yeo is facilitating.

18 May 2007
7pm
Earshot Cafe @ The Arts House
1 Old Parliament Lane

Admission is free
REFRESHMENTS WILL BE PROVIDED (snarf snarf gobble)

I'll be getting some pre-event publicity on LIVE 93.8FM in an interview with deejay Mr Eugene Loh on Monday 14 May, 1:45-2pm. Tune in if you give a shit. :)

UPDATE: Eugene's event went quite well, even though the mere mention of homosexuality is taboo, just like religion and feng shui (they mentioned me as the author of "251", "last boy", "Eating Air" but conspicuously NOT "SQ21". Hmmmph.

UPUPDATE: I'm pretty pleased with the way tonight went - although the gathering was small and my reading was uneven (and interrupted!), it was comfortable and intimate and Kristina Tom is a GREAT speaker; she illuminated aspects of my poetry that I barely knew existed and even took the trouble to articulate the context in which the work appeared in the Singapore poetry scene. Hoopla.

1 comment:

Only GOD has the right to judge me said...

Hey U! I will do my best to get off work and be there by 7! ;)