Sunday, April 15, 2007

Nyuuyooku e iku!

Do not attempt to call my handphone from the night of April 15 to the afternoon of April 30th.

I shall be in New York City. Promoting my poetry book, last boy, definitely among my Columbia friends but also hopefully at open mikes at the Nuyorican and places like that.

Damn, look at me in that photo. So young and crazy (yes I know I'm still young and crazy, but trust me, back then I was so young and so crazy that I was principally a schizophrenic zygote). These are photos from my pal Edward Rueda, now studying journalism. He was a co-founder of the Klaritin improv group, and I was the founding member who kept on slipping up 'cos I didn't know the American cultural references.

Ah, but I wish I had that kind of therapy now. Improv kicks ass, y'all. You walk into the room and you have no idea who you're gonna be five minutes from now.

That, my friends, is the spirit of youth.

Much love, and send me e-mails.

No comments: